Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chickens


Tuesday August 21.....6:00PM

Here I am.....still in a learning curve and enjoying most of it! You are looking at one of my favorite collections which began at least 20 years ago ...I became fascinated with the small metal chickens,most of which are roosters.  A dear friend brought me the wonderful rooster candy container on the left one Christmas morning, that she had purchased at an estate sale.....what a great gift. There is a little red rooster(hiding) that my husband gave me another Christmas.  This  nesting box is a treasure that I picked up at another sale on Cape Cod.  It was in  a basement workshop and the compartments were filled with various screws and nails. Doesn't it make a great display?  You would never guess where this is located in our home........in our  downstairs guest bathroom!  We wondered for a long time why people took sooo long in our "courtesy room"  until a friend hollered out the window to us on the patio "I'll be out when I finish looking at all these chickens!!!"
Hope you you are enjoying these beautiful clear days!  Please visit my blog again......feel free to comment or ask a question.
 Contentment is bliss!
Faith

1 comment:

  1. Yay you did it! I look forward to hearing all of the stories behind your treasures, Faith!

    ReplyDelete